Thursday, January 14, 2010

the dark side of travelling when pregnant...

Lest you think that I will be swanning around the world without a care, let me correct you.

While I can finally graduate to a bag with wheels (yes!) and D will have to carry things (yes!) and really will face no stress (except perhaps of the snowed in variety?!?!) there will be something to care deeply about.

That something, coming in at $115, is the pair of compression stocking I was advised to buy for wearing during flights. Yes, full length compression stockings. When I tried them on yesterday, I could only get them halfway over my feet. I then lay on my back like a beetle trying to pull them up but to no avail. I had to call D to assist me.

We will be going on 9 flights - that's 9 instances of being compressed and unable to dress myself!

Phew.

2 comments:

  1. Halfway over your feet! Are you serious? Wait until you are closer to 6-7 months pregnant (on the return flight), although I guess they would have stretched a little by then...

    ReplyDelete