Saturday, January 16, 2010

Last minute

Today we went to a wedding. Not so great on the day you need to be running around doing odd jobs. But great because it really reminded us of our great God and his love for us. So much fun to see one of my old youth group girls getting married! And one of my old youth group boys (harry potter!) is arriving soon. He is going to stay over and drive us to the airport. What a gem. I'm not sure if I could be that selfless for someone - 3am is an insane time...

We went to the city and bought antiseptic hand wash stuff - has anyone ever used that? I've never cared before, but supposedly with a baby you need to be extra careful. We got other random toiletries and we bought...our plane books.

I got 'The Book Thief' by Marcus Zusak, and D got 'Captain of Rome' by someone. Will let you know how they go. I love buying new books! THe only thing is you want to keep them...and we are already out of bookshelf space. Plus I will finish it in the first leg of the trip, and then have to carry it around Europe. How do you read your books? I always start by reading the back cover, then I read all the commendations, the publication page and the dedications. I also read the recommendations at the end for other peoples books. Kind of like sucking it dry...before I even begin. Then I just go full speed ahead. I don't really stop, nor do I savour a passage unless it's really really good. Or totally incomprehensible. Might have to be a bit more circumspect with my travel reading...

Ok, we are about to get 4.5 hours sleep. It has just dawned on me - we will be on a plane for 16 hours. ewwwwwww.

Next post from europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment