Monday, January 11, 2010

Immunised Proper

The final plans have been laid. Three hostels still to book, all train times found and all flights booked. Checks have been made and unfortunately I've got Thora down as a Herr and not a Frau on one of our budget flights. Ohh well. I figured out budget airlines don't want to talk to you unless you pay them. They also have the knack of advertising a ticket for 11 euros, which ends up costing 50 with taxes, surcharges and breathing fees, followed by yet another 10 euro charge thrown in at step 6 because I don't have some special credit card. Apart from the frustrations of trying to figure out about bus travel in Poland, and the endless amount of useless internet sites advertising bus timetables and routes which are just a portals for another completely irrelevant site, all is going well.

We have had our shots, and for extra protection while we are away, I came down with a cold which will be referred to as Claytons Swine Flu. I got the Swine flu jab last week and came down with a massive cold on the weekend. Being sick and physically drained gave me the chance to do some organising, though I was going a bit nuts about being cooped up for 3 days. Thanks to Claytons Swine Flu, the Flu you have when you are immunised against the flu, I will be fully immune (I hope).

Six and half sleeps to go. How good it will be to catch the plane that usually wakes me up on a Sunday morning. Ahh Stanmore.

Dean

2 comments:

  1. hello t and d,

    Thought I'd gift you with your first comment (you will soon come to realise comments are the lifeblood of blogging). Yes. Glad you have made the step into the online world - not inferior to the real world, just different.

    love
    soph

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, this is what D has been waiting for!

    Thanks Soph :)

    ReplyDelete